This Document was designed to help assist with installing and setting up Active Directory User and Computers on a managed workstation in RAD.
Installing and setting up ADUC on Windows 7 Workstation
- Download and install the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7887 ) Please make sure you notate your system 32-bit or 64-bit
- When you run the install package you will see this message, which explains that you are able to install an update – click ‘Yes’
- Then after reading and agreeing to the terms, click ‘I Accept’
- The installation will take a few minutes, when complete click ‘Close’
- Open the Windows Start menu and in the search box type ‘Programs and Features’.
- When it appears above, click on the icon for ‘Programs and Features’
- On the left of the window click on the link for ‘Turn Windows features on or off’
- Expand Remote Server Administration Tools > Role Administration Tools > AD DS and AD LDS Tools > AD DS Tools
- Place a tick next to ‘Active Directory Administrative Centre’
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes
- Once it is installed you can use the Windows Start menu to find ‘Active Directory Users and Computers’
Installing and setting up ADUC on Windows 10 Workstation
- Download and install the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520 ) Please make sure you notate your system 32-bit or 64-bit
- After Remote Sever Administration Tools have been successfully installed please continue below.
- Right-click the Start button and choose “Control Panel“. (Note: In some configurations, you may be able to skip to step 10.)
- Select “Programs“.
- From the “Programs and Features” section, select “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- Scroll down and expand the “Remote Server Administration Tools” section.
- Expand “Role Administration Tools“.
- Expand “AD DS and AD LDS Tools“.
- Ensure that “AD DS Tools” is checked, then select “OK“
- You should have an option for “Administrative Tools” on the Start menu. From there, select any of the Active Directory tools.