Rutgers Active Directory FAQ's
You now require additional elevated / ADM accounts then you have previously requested.
Rutgers Active Directory (RAD) uses ADM accounts for elevated rights to modify OU’s, groups, printers, group policies, servers and workstations within your organization. An ADM account will be based on your existing netid. Prior to RAD on boarding, you should identify who in your organization requires ADM accounts, for OU or Workstation admin access, and have them go through the request process below.
To Request Additional Elevated / ADM account:
- Go to Elevated Account Request under the Rutgers Active Directory (RAD) web page
- You can Submit an ADM account request and check the status of the request from this page.
- Once the ADM accounts have been created, they can be added to the appropriate groups by a Delegated OU admin.
- If you had an ADM account prior to when the Request process was implemented, you will have to still go through the Request process to link your existing Adm account to your netid.
- Once your ADM account has been provisioned correctly, you will be able to manage it through https://netid.rutgers.edu/index.htm
There are (2) ways to map your printers within RAD:
Mapping printers in RAD through GPOs. (Using the User Configuration > Preferences > Control Panel Settings > Printers)
Directly through the Enterprise Print Server
OIT’s RAD enterprise print server can also be found at \\asbradprint01.rad.rutgers.edu where all your printers can be found.